We would be delighted if you could join us at a consultation session to discuss the impact the forthcoming Carers Act will have for you and other carers in Highland.
The Carers Act 2016 becomes law on 1 April 2018. The Act extends and enhances the rights of carers in Scotland to help improve their health and well-being, so that they can continue to care, if they so wish, and have a life alongside caring.
We particularly want your thoughts on:
- · How do we involve carers in shaping carer services?
- · What does a short break mean to carers and what is it they need?
- Do carers understand the eligibility framework, how will it work for them, what are the benefits of it and what should be changed?
Your feedback will help to shape three important elements of the Carers Act and we very much look forward to seeing you at one of our consultations events in Highland.
To book you place you can either:
- Call Connecting Carers on 01463 723568 and speak to Sarah Tait
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Online at www.eventbrite.co.uk, search ‘Connecting Carers, find the event located closest to you and click ‘register’.
Your feedback will help to shape three important elements of the Carers Act and we very much look forward to seeing you at the consultation.