Connecting Carers hosts drop in events in Dingwall, Dornoch, Fortrose, Inverness, Nairn and Portree.
Some drop n sessions are weekly, some monthly, and what they all have in common is the opportunity for carers to meet other carers and gain access to information and advice to help in their day to day caring roles.
Some drop in sessions are about trying out a new activity, some are all about meeting up over a coffee and just chatting. Drop in sessions are open to all unpaid carers in Highland.
Drop in events happen throughtout the year and happen as follows:
- Aviemore - currently on hold whilst new group leader recruited
- Dingwall - first Tuesday of the month, 7.00 pm - 9.00 pm, St Clement’s Church Hall, Dingwall
- Dornoch - every third Thursday of the month, 11 am - 1.00 pm, West Church Hall, Dornoch
- Fortrose - every Wednesday, 10.30 am - 12.30 pm, Black Isle Leisure Centre, Fortrose
- Fort William - currently on hold whilst new group leader recruited
- Inverness - every Tuesday, 10.00 am - 12.00 noon, One Stop Shop, Friars Street, Inverness
- Nairn - last Wednesday of the month, 2.00 pm - 3.30 pm, Nairn Dunbar Golf Club
- MAC's Cafe - information coming soon.
- Portree - every last Friday of the month, 10.30 am - 12.30 pm at Jan's, 5-6 Broom Place, Portree
Please note the following changes over the summer break:
Inverness - meetings on 30th July, 6 & 13th August will be held in the Hidden Gem Cafe at the Spectrum Centre, Inverness
Fortrose - meetings resume on 21st August
Dingwall - meetings resume on 3rd September
To find out more give the carer centre a call on 01463 723561 or just pop in to a drop in session near you.