Connecting Carers has support groups in Aviemore, Dingwall, Dornoch, Fort William, Inverness, Nairn, Thurso and a new group in Mallaig & Arisaig.
Some groups meet weekly, some monthly, and what they all have in common is the opportunity for carers to meet other carers, share experiences, receive training and support and gain access to information and advice to help in their day to day caring roles.
Some groups undertake activities, some are all about meeting up over a coffee and just chatting. Groups are open to all unpaid carers in Highland.
Support Groups meet:
- Aviemore - first Wednesday of the month, 10.00 am - 12.00 noon, Aviemore British Legion Club
- Dingwall - first Tuesday of the month, 7.00 pm - 9.00 pm, St Clement’s Church Hall, Dingwall
- Dornoch - every third Thursday, 12.30 pm - 2.30 pm, West Church Hall, Dornoch
- Fort William - second Monday of the month, 10.00 - 12.00 noon, Thrive Café
- Inverness - every Tuesday, 10.00 am - 12.00 noon, Inverness Library, Farraline Park
- Nairn - 4th Wednesday of the month, 2.00 pm - 3.30 pm, Nairn Dunbar Golf Club
- Thurso - 2nd Tuesday of every month in the High Street above Cancer Research shop 1.00 pm - 3.00 pm
- Mallaig & Arisaig - bi-monthly at the Astley Hall, Arisaig, last Tuesday of every second month
- MAC's Cafe - every Wednesday & Thursday weekly, 10.00 - 12.00. a great place for coffee and to relax.
To find out more give the carer centre a call on 01463 723561 or just pop in to a support group near you.